TCWriter

Jacob Aagaard
The Art and Craft of Feature Writing: Based on The Wall Street Journal Guide
William E. Blundell

A River Never Sleeps

A River Never Sleeps - Roderick L. Haig-Brown, Louis Darling, Nick Lyons, Thomas McGuane This isn't my first reading of [b:A River Never Sleeps|2348849|A River Never Sleeps|Roderick L. Haig-Brown|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1266750749s/2348849.jpg|2355560], and one of the remarkable aspects of Haig-Brown's writing is how well it stands the test of time. This book remains a fly fishing classic, and this edition is only improved with the addition of essays by Nick Lyons and Thomas McGuane.I already reviewed A River Never Sleeps on my fly fishing site, so I'll steal a passage that feels appropriate:Haig-Brown’s approach to the sport is entirely genuine; he lacks guile, and avoids the unfortunate tendency of outdoor writers to complicate and exaggerate.Nor does Haig-Brown burden his readers with a lot of “fly fishing is the meaning of life” hooey that seems almost obligatory today.Instead, Haig-Brown’s approach to fly fishing is one of unabashed enthusiasm, coupled with a refreshing innocence – as if each day on the water was his first.