TCWriter

Excelling at Chess
Jacob Aagaard
The Art and Craft of Feature Writing: Based on The Wall Street Journal Guide
William E. Blundell

More Baths Less Talking: Notes from the Reading Life of a Celebrated Author Locked in Battle with Football, Family, and Time Itself

More Baths, Less Talking - Nick Hornby Another typically engaging, witty collection of Hornby's book review columns from the Believer magazine. This is the fourth book in the series, and given the time frame, perhaps the most relevant. Hornby (already one of my favorite writers) lists the books he's purchased over the last month and those he's read, and the difference between the two is instructive, especially if you're like a lot of us and your reader's eyes are bigger than your time budget. Hornby's reviews of the books are witty; he correctly places his individual book reviews within the arc of his reading, which is a far more honest way of handling reviews. I'm a big Hornby fan and while I'm not reading a lot of the same title he is, his collection of reviews did add a good-sized chunk of titles to my "to-read" list, so you read this fun little collection of reviews at your own risk.